The German language mailing list Disaster Network [KatNet] counts over 450 private and institutional partners to its membership. The non-exclusive mailing list serves as a platform for opinion and information exchange between disaster researchers and practitioners.
Since Janaury 2009, the Katastrophennetz exists as a registered not-for-profit organization with the title Katastrophennetz e.V. The organization strives to actively contribute to the community by networking researches and practitioners in the field of disaster research. This includes:
- The holding of workshops and conferences
- The publication of a news letter
- The editing of an online journal
- Push for active contact and communication
- The operation of media relations
Membership in the organization stands open to all persons juridical or otherwise. (click here for information regarding membership).
Additional information found at: