Tong-Jin Smith has been working as a journalist since 1992. During her studies of Political Sciences she worked as a freelancer in print and radio. Following her graduation, she worked part-time on her doctoral thesis on Democracy and Democratization in East Asia. After positions as an editor for ZDF and Netzeitung as well as the position as assitant editor-in-chief of the network Suite 101, she is now active as a freelancing journalist and editor for print and online media.
She mainly writes articles on sustainability, education, urban development and architecture. Her references include the following: Die Welt, Die Welt am Sonntag, Der Tagesspiegel, Berliner Morgenpost, CSR Magazin, Frankfurter Neue Presse, The Berlin Times, Handelsblatt Global Edition and Jewish Voice from Germany. Moreover, she supervised the customer magazine of DHL in English language as the responsible editor and works as a lecturer.
Tong-Jin Smith lives in Berlin with her husband Urs Kuckertz (photographer) and her children.
- 2014 - 2016: Lecturer at Dekra Hochschule für Medien
- 2008 - 2009: Assistant Editor-in-Chief of Suite101.de
- 2008: Online Editor for Media Consulta (Politics)
- 2004 - 2005: Lecturer for Information and Communication at Akademie der Bundeswehr
- 2004: Online Editor for Netzeitung (Politics)
- 2002 - 2006: Online Editor for ZDF (Culture)
- 1998 - 1999: Lecturer at the University of Applied Sciences in Ludwigshafen