Due to restructuring activities, there will be no enrollment of students in the Global Communication and International Journalism double master program in 2017. Please keep yourself informed on our website, all information about future enrollment, important dates and study requirements will be published on time.
По причине структурной перестройки мастерской программы Global Communication and International Journalism, которая проводиться вместе с СПбГУ, мы не будем набирать новых студентов на осень 2017-того года. Вся информация о продолжении программы, о важных датах и условиях принятия студентов в дальнейшем будет опубликована в течение ближайших месяцев.
The Master’s Program Global Communication and International Journalism is geared towards B.A. or higher academic degree / Specialist university degree graduates.
All students will be admitted and first enrolled to the master program in Global Communication and International Journalism at SPbU and then enrolled at FU.
Please note that the entire application process is to be completed online. All applicants may submit application forms and all other required documents electronically via the SPbU official website
To apply for the program, you need to use the special online service called “Personal Account”. After registering at the service you will be able to upload your document sets to your Personal Account. Applications are accepted till May 31, 2016.
All candidates have to pass entrance examinations that take place in the form of interviews via telepresence expected in late June 2016.
- A short letter of motivation for the double degree program (in English) containing 1) explanation of the applicant motives and expectations of the program; 2) details about the key aspects chosen in his/her previous study program(s); 3) relevant work experience in the fields of journalism, public relations and/or public communication.
- A CV
- An original or a certified copy of a bachelor diploma or of a diploma of a specialistwith higher professional education or a specialist’s diploma. An English language application in the format established by the admissions committee of SPbU.
- Professional-academic portfolio, including works in communication industries (max. 5 pieces); description of an existing (launched at least three months prior to the exam) media project owned/created by the applicant; prizes and awards owned by applicant at competitions in respective professional sphere can be also included in candidates’ professional-academic portfolio.
- Proof of English language skills: internet-based TOEFL with the result of 80 or better, equivalent IELTS with the result of 6 or higher, or Cambridge ESOL: FCE/CAE with the result of B2.2/C1.1 CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) or higher.
- A copy of an identity document with the indication of applicant’s nationality (passport).
- A portrait photograph (300 dpi, made during the current calendar year).
For more detailed information, also for the current Portfolio Examination Criteria, please have a look at the website of SPbU on How to apply and Entry Exams.