Studies and Academic Positions
- 01/2015 - Associate Researcher at the Disaster Research Unit (DRU) of the Freie Universität Berlin. Work on the project "INVOLVE: INitiate VOLunteerism to counter VulnErability"
- 09/2009-12/2014 Freelance research for a variety of institutions, including: Nexus - Institute for Cooperation Managment and Interdisciplinary Research, Helmholz-Center for Environmental Research (UFZ-Leipzig), Disaster Research Unit at the FU Berlin, Adelphi Research GmbH (Core interests being: Strategies and Measures in Climate Adaptation, Volunteerism in Civil Protection (Disaster Management))
- 08/2008–06/2009 Worked as a Diplomandin in the research project „Risk Habitat Megacity“ at the Helmholz-Centre for Environmental Research, Leipzig/Santiago de Chile (wrote a thesis paper related to the project, titled "Vulnerabilität in the Face of Floods in Select Districts of Santiago de Chile" (Vulnerability to)
- 10/2004-01/2005 Abroad research in Bolivia (The utilization of natural resources in Guaraní-Communities in Chaco)
- 10/2002-12/2009 Studies in Geography (1.HF) at theHumboldt-Universität in Berlin
- 04/2001-04/2008 Studies in Latin American Studies (2.HF) at the Freie Universität Berlin