M.A. Steffen Köhn
Steffen Köhn studied Social Anthropology and Film Studies at Johannes Gutenberg-University in Mainz and at Freie Universität Berlin (Master in Social and Cultural Anthropology 2007) and Film Directing at Deutsche Film- und Fernsehakademie. He conducted Fieldwork in Accra/Ghana on the Westafrican Videofilm-Industry and among the Kara in Southern Ethiopia. His areas of interest are theory and practice of anthropological filmmaking, the anthropology of media, third cinema and the correlations between religion and media.
Morokapel´s Feast – The Story of a Kara Hunting Ritual, Documentary, 2006, 26 min., MiniDV, Kara with English subtitles.
Hare Rama, Short fiction, 2007, 8min., 16mm-Film, german
All in One Shot. A Portrait of Ghanaian Videofilmmaker Bob Smith, Documentary, 2005, 32 min. MiniDV English/Twi with german/english subtitles
- EthnoFilmfest, Berlin (2007)
- Festival of Ethnological Film, Belgrade (2007), -1st Prize in student’s Competition
- International Ethnographic Film Festival, Quebec (2008)
- Dialëktus Festival, Budapest (2008)
- Worldfilm Festival, Tartu (2008)
- Göttingen International Ethnographic Film Festival (GIEFF), Göttingen (2008)
All in One Shot
- Ethnofilmfest, Berlin (2006)