Job posting: Student assistant for the research group "Dynamics of Digital Mobilization"
News from May 05, 2023
Student assistant (m/f/d) 41 h/month limited to 2 years (14.09.2025)
Reference code: SHK FU-WI 2023
Application deadline: 18.05.2023
The Weizenbaum Institute for the Networked Society researches current societal changes related to digitalization (https://www.weizenbaum-institut.de/ ). The research group "Dynamics of Digital Mobilization" investigates forms, contents and dynamics of public debates, protests and mobilizations about controversial political issues and anti-democratic content.
We offer insight into current research and the everyday academic work in an inspiring, interdisciplinary and international institute of digitalization research in the heart of Berlin (near Bahnhof Zoo). The student assistants work closely with the scientists of the research group and have the opportunity to contribute their interests in the context of the topics and orientation of the research group and to establish networks.
- Support the research group "Dynamics of Digital Mobilization" within the Weizenbaum Institute;
- Processing of data sets;
- Literature research and management;
- Support in the organization of events;
- Support in the preparation of presentations;
- Maintenance of the RG website (Wordpress) and social media channels.
- Field of study such as journalism and communication studies, media and political communication, media informatics, sociology, political science, or computer science/data science;
- Interest in or initial experience with automated collection and processing of Internet data (archiving, cleansing, data management);
- Interest in research within the group's topical area;
- Interest in interdisciplinary research;
- Interest in empirical research;
- Experience in literature research and with literature management software;
- Initial knowledge of methods and statistics/analysis (SPSS or R);
- First experience with the programming language Python or R;
- Good knowledge of English (business fluent, or at least B2).
Applications should be sent electronically by e-mail to Prof. Dr. Barbara Pfetsch, stating the reference code, in PDF format (preferably as one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address:
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Politik- und Sozialwissenschaften
Institut für Publizistik- und Kommunikationswissenschaft
Weizenbaum-Institut für die vernetzte Gesellschaft
Frau Prof. Dr. Barbara Pfetsch
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
By submitting an online application, you as an applicant give your consent for your data to be electronically processed and stored. We would like to point out that Freie Universität Berlin cannot guarantee the security of transmitted personal data if your application is sent electronically without protection.