Applicants are expected to submit the following documents:
- a short CV,
- a letter of motivation, indicating why the method school is important for their own research (500 words max.), and
- a two-page research design (see template here).
All files sent for the application must be written in English and delivered in one e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is 15 August 2010.
Our method school has an interactive character. All sessions include possibilities for the participants to bring in their own research projects and to work with their own datasets (if present). We will therefore select candidates, who
- show a strong interest in research on the public sphere,
- have an interesting and relevant educational background, and
- come up with a good argumentation of why the method school is important for their (future) research projects.
In order to compose a harmonious, but well mixed group, we ask all applicants to include a short research design in their application documents. Applicants, who are already working on their PhD thesis, can, of course, send us their actual research proposal, but, please, in a summarized version. Master students should think about a research project they would like to realize in the future. The design should in any case include a proposal of how to apply content and/or discourse analysis to the main research questions.
In order to make the task of composing a research design for this purpose a bit easier, we prepared a template (download here).
Successful candidates will be notified no later than 15 September 2010.