Israel Solorio Sandoval
Israel Solorio Sandoval is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Environmental Policy Research Centre, funded by the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of the Mexico City Government (SECITI). Before joining the Freie Universität Berlin, he was a Research Fellow in the Institut Universitari d'Estudis Europeus at the Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona, where he obtained his PhD on International Relations and European Integration. He was holder of a scholarship for postgraduate studies sponsored by the Mexico's National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT). He has been Visiting Researcher at the University of Konstanz, the National Distance Education University (UNED) of Spain and the University of Bradford in the United Kingdom.
Israel Solorio Sandoval is co-editor of the book "European Energy Policy: An Environmental Approach" (Edward Elgar Publishing, 2012) and co-editor of the Special Mini-Issue "Energy and Environment in Europe: Assessing a Complex Relationship" (European Integration online Papers, 2011).
Israel Solorio Sandoval's two-year postdoctoral project is entitled “Renewable energy policies for a sustainable future: experiences of Europe and lessons for Mexico”.
- EUGOV, Consolidated Research Group on EU Multilevel Governance, directed by Prof. Dr. Francesc Morata, Government of Catalonia
- Integración de Políticas Ambientales y Gobernanza Multinivel, directed by Prof. Dr. Francesc Morata, Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación, Spain
- Environmental Policy Integration and Multi-level Governance” (EPIGOV), CIT5-CT-2005-028661, European Commission, VI European Framework Programme.
Summer term 2015
- The EU Energy and Climate Policies (with Eva Öller)
- Morata, F. and Solorio, I. (2012), European Energy Policy: An Environmental Approach, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Tosun, J. and Solorio, I. (2011), ‘Exploring the energy-environment relationship: perspectives and challenges for theorizing and empirical analysis’, European Integration online Papers, Special Mini-Issue 1, Vol. 15 (2011).
Articles in journals
- Morata, F. and Solorio, I. (2013), ‘When ‘green’ is not always sustainable: The inconvenient truth of the European energy policy’, Carbon Management, 4(5), 555-563.
- Popartan, L and Solorio, I. (2012) ‘Regiones en Europa: Procesos y paradigmas’, Revista CIDOB d’Affers Internacionals, 99, pp. 9-23.
- Solorio, I. (2011), ‘La europeización de la política energética en España: ¿qué sendero para las renovables?’, Revista Española de Ciencia Política, Julio, 26, pp.105-123.
- Solorio, I. (2011), ‘Bridging the Gap between Environmental Policy Integration and the EU’s Energy Policy: Mapping out the ‘Green Europeanisation’ of Energy Governance’, Journal of Contemporary European Research, Volume 7, Issue 3, pp. 396-415.
- Tosun, J. and Solorio, I. (2011), ‘Introduction: Exploring the energy-environment relationship: perspectives and challenges for theorizing and empirical analysis’, European Integration online Papers, Special Mini-Issue 1, Vol. 15 (2011), Article 7.
Chapters in edited volumes
- Ciambra, A. and Solorio, I. (2014), ‘The liberalisation of the internal energy market: is the EU dancing at a British tempo?’, in Tosun, J., Schmitt S. and Schulze K. (eds), Energy Policy Making in the EU: Building the Agenda, Springer.
- Solorio, I, M. Bechberger and L. Popartan (2013), ‘The European Energy Policy and its ‘Green Dimension’: Discursive hegemony and policy variations in the greening of energy policy’, in Barnes, P. and T. Hoeber (eds.), Sustainable Development and Governance in Europe – The Evolution of Discourse, Routledge, pp. 91-105.
- Solorio Sandoval, I and Morata, F. (2012), ‘Introduction: The re-evolution of energy policy in the EU’, in F. Morata and I. Solorio Sandoval, eds., European Energy Policy: An Environmental Approach, Edward Elgar Publishing, pp. 1-22.
- Solorio Sandoval, I and Zapater, E. (2012), ‘Re-drawing the Green Europeanization of energy policy’, in F. Morata and I. Solorio Sandoval, eds., European Energy Policy: An Environmental Approach, Edward Elgar Publishing, pp.97-112.
- Morata F. and I. Solorio Sandoval (2012) ‘Conclusions: Bridging over Environmental and Energy Policies’, in F. Morata and I. Solorio Sandoval, eds. European Energy Policy: An Environmental Approach, Edward Elgar Publishing, pp. 210-224.
- Solorio, I. (2013), Renewable Energy Policy Convergence in the EU, The Evolution of Feed-in Tariffs in Germany, Spain and France, by D. Jacobs, JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies, Volume 51. Number 6: 1213.
- Solorio, I. (2013), Public Policy: A New Introduction, by C. Knill and J. Tosun, Political Studies Review, 11(3): 431-432.
- Solorio, I. (2012), The European Union as a Leader in International Climate Change Politics - Edited by R.K.W. Wurzel and J. Connelly, JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies, 50: 192–193.
- Solorio, I. and Bechberger, M. (2014), A Guide to Renewable Energy Policy in the EU: When Europe ‘Greens’ Power, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Solorio, I. (2014), 'La política europea de renovables y su influencia en España y el Reino Unido', Fundación Alternativas, Estudios de Progreso.