Master's Program "Sociology – European Societies"
The research-oriented Master’s program in Sociology at Freie Universität Berlin focuses on empirical and comparative sociology. It looks at European societies in a global and transnational context. Our institute is amongst the highest ranked institutes of sociology in Germany and belongs to the TOP 20 worldwide. Students benefit from cooperation with excellent research institutes in Berlin such as the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW), the Berlin Social Science Centre (WZB) and three institutes for Area Studies at Freie Universität Berlin (Eastern Europe, North America and Latin America). Our graduates aspire academic careers, work in research institutions, as consultants, in the public or media sector and in many other areas.
Information regarding the coronavirus (2019-nCoV) for our MA students can be found here.
- 2-year program, full-time
- Start: Winter semester only (mid October)
- Degree title: Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Bilingual: German and English (all lectures and most seminars are taught in English, some seminars are offered in German)
- Fees: No tuitions, only social fees
This year: May 4, 2020 - June 30, 2020