Application Deadline 30 August 2021
Department of Political and Social Sciences - Institute of Sociology - Research Unit Macrosociology
Student Assistant (m/f/d) | 40 h/month | 2-year contract | starting date October 2021 | Reference code: MAKRO-SHK-01
The new Professorship of Macrosociology (Céline Teney, official starting date 1 October) is looking for a student assistant with an interest in attitudinal, migration/diversity or transnationalization research.
- carry out extensive online literature searches & summarize findings in English
- quantitative analyses of data sets with STATA or R
- provide general project assistance
- fluent written and spoken English
- BA in Sociology or a related field and above average grades
- analytical reasoning & ability to summarize a large body of scientific literature
- interest in attitudinal, migration / diversity or transnationalization research & familiarity with related literature
- working knowledge of syntax-based statistical software (preferably Stata or R)
- knowledge of a further European language
How to apply
Please send your application in PDF format (preferably as one document!) to Prof. Dr. Céline Teney via firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should quote reference code MAKRO-SHK-01 and include relevant supporting documents (letter of motivation, CV, transcripts/diplomas, and if applicable language certificates and references).
Link to Job Advertisement [EN]
Link zur Stellenausschreibung [DE]
Also note that an identical job opening (!) will be published shortly but with a different deadline and reference code [MAKRO-SHK-DFG].
Students interested in joining the research unit Macrosociology can either submit two separate applications OR quote both reference codes in their application (and the email subject line)