As the situation is constantly changing, please check this website regularly for current information.
Important information for students of the MA “Sociology – European Societies”:
- The summer semester will start on the 20th of April and will end on the 18th of July.
- All courses will be given online. This will probably involve webinars but also more self-study by the students and other forms of online-teaching (via Blackboard etc.).
- Course registration probably starts on the 8th of April 2020.
- Please be aware of the fact that all libraries remain closed for the time being and that the office hours of the lecturers cannot take place in person - office hours will take place online as well.
- The deadline for final paper submissions has been extended from (originally) the 31st of March to the 20th of April. This applies to all students. Please only use the extension if needed. Lecturers are still happy to receive term papers by the 31st of March.
- new regulation by the Berlin Senate on master theses:
"Deadlines set for final theses required to complete bachelor’s, master’s or “Diplom” degree programs have been disrupted between March 12, 2020, and whenever normal coursework resumes (at the earliest May 11, 2020). That means that deadlines that fall within this period cannot apply as they would under normal circumstances. As soon as normal coursework resumes – with library access restored and use of university computers – students will be given a new deadline that allows them the full time to complete the original assessment, so that they do not incur any negative consequences due to these disruptions." (https://www.fu-berlin.de/en/sites/coronavirus/index.html)
Nevertheless: Lecturers are still happy to receive your master theses by the 20th of April and will make sure to grade them in a timely manner so that you can complete your studies as soon as possible.
Link to the website of the examination’s office with current information on master theses registration, submission of MA theses and final award documents, transcripts etc:
Information on the registration of courses (in German only):
Information regarding Coronavirus for members of the university: