Springe direkt zu Inhalt

What should I do if I have a foreign degree?

Foreign prospective students who have not received their university degree in Germany have to apply via uni-assist. Uni-assist is an administrative agency that will first check the sufficiency of your documents and then forward them to Freie Universität Berlin. Subject-specific entry requirements are not checked by uni-assist. The university itself decides whether to admit each candidate.

Please assure that your application arrives at the uni-assist office before the application deadline ends! Due to the high number of applicants, uni-assist may need a longer period of time to process and check your documents. Therefore, we recommend to apply early and to send all documents to uni-assist as soon as possible.

Please take some time to read the following detailed information carefully: