Which certificates will be accepted as sufficient proof of my English language skills?
If you are not a native English speaker, or if the language of instruction at your previous university was not English, we ask you to provide evidence of strong English language competence. Your level of competence should be equivalent to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
The following test results, among other tests and certificates, will be accepted:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language):
- paper based: 500
- computer based: 170
- internet based: 80
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System):
- >= 5.0 scores
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) / Cambridge Certificate:
- First Certificate (FCE)
- Advanced (CAE)
- Proficiency (CPE)
- UNICERT II, at least with grade C (3.0)
- School English:
- at least six years of school instruction in the subject English
- Stay abroad:
- Studies at an anglophone university/in an anglophone program/of anglophone courses of at least one semester/trimester and three courses
The acceptance of other forms of evidence for English language competency is at the committee’s discretion. To that effect, amount, level and evaluation (grades) of your English course or test must be identifiable for an adequate assessment.