Institut für Ethnologie
Wiss. Mitarbeiterin und Doktorandin (Prof. Dr. Martin Voss)
- 06/2012 –present -- Associate Fellow, Centre for Global Environment Research Earth Science & Climate Change Division, TERI, India
- 06/2009 -- 05/2012-- Research Associate, Centre for Global Environment Research Earth Science & Climate Change Division, TERI, India
- 01/2009 –05/ 2009 -- The Energy and Resources Institute. (TERI), India
- 05/2008-- 08 /2008 – Emergent Ventures, India
- Climate change vulnerability assessments
- Community based adaptation—participatory methods, identification and prioritisation of adaptation options, designing adaptation strategies
- Climate change and migration linkages
- Community perceptions and attitude towards climate change
- National and sub-national climate adaptation programs and policies in India
- Blended learning programs on science and policy of climate change
THEME: VULNERABILITY AND ADAPTATION:
- Perceptions and understandings of climate change and migration: Conceptualizing and contextualizing for Lakshadweep and the Maldives-- (Research Council of Norway)
2012-2015, Principal Investigator
- Himalayan Adaptation, Water and Resilience (Hi-AWARE) (IDRC, Canada)
- Tracking environmental sustainability in Uttarakhand, India (UNDP, India)
- Identification of win-win adaptation options through adaptation metrices and integrated adaptation decision making frameworks in Gangetic Basin (Institute for Global Environmental Strategies, Japan), 2012-2013, Co-Principal Investigator
- Climate Change and Migration--Developing a Future Research Agenda (Research Council of Norway), (2010-2012), Principal Investigator
- Designing Adaptation to Climate Change Responses in Jharkhand (India) (International Fund for Agricultural Development, Rome) , 2011
- Assessing Climate Change Vulnerability and Adaptation Strategies for State of Maharashtra (India): (Government of Maharashtra), 2010-2014
- Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment for the State of Rajasthan (GIZ -The German Society for International Cooperation), 2010-2011
- Development of a Methodology for Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment at the state level in India: (GIZ -The German Society for International Cooperation), 2010-2011
THEME: CLIMATE POLICY AND ACTION
- Preparation of State Action Plan on Climate Change for Rajasthan: (GIZ -The German Society for International Cooperation, India), 2010-2012
- Preparation of the Gujarat State Action Plan on Climate Change: (GIZ -The German Society for International Cooperation, India), 2010-2012
- Climate Policy Research (CLIPORE): (Mistra Foundation, Sweden), 2009-2012
- Preparation of Rajasthan Climate Change Agenda (Government of Rajasthan, India), 2009-2010
- Research on key issues in climate change negotiations: (Ministry of Environment and Forests, India, ), 2009
THEME: OUTREACH AND DISSEMINATION:
- Addressingg Challenges of Climate Variabilityy, Change and Extreme Events at State Level (16-17th January, 2014, New Delhi) (Ministry of Agriculture and Ministry of Rural Development, India) Co-Principal Investigator
- Asia Leadership Program on Sustainable Development and Climate Change (2nd -17th February, 2013, New Delhi/Dehardun/Kolkata/Sunderbans) (Asian Development Bank, Philippines ) , Principal investigator
- IGES-TERI Asia Pacific Climate Policy Dialogue (February 2nd, 2011,New Delhi): (IGES and Ministry of Environment, Japan), Principal investigator
- Climate Change- Poverty Reduction Web Portal: (UNDP, India), 2010-2011
- IGES-TERI Asia Pacific Climate Policy Dialogue (1-2nd November, 2009, New Delhi)
THEME: TEACHING AND CAPACITY BUILDING
- Blended Learning Program on Science and Policy of Climate Change (third phase : September 2013-January 2014), Technical course-coordinator
- Blended Learning Program on Science and Policy of Climate Change (Second phase) – (April-August 2012), Technical course-coordinator
- Blended Learning Program on Science and Policy of Climate Change (First phase—March-June 2011): (Tokyo Development Learning Centre, World Bank, Japan), Technical course-coordinator
- Post graduate e-diploma on Science and Policy of Climate Change: (United Nations University, Tokyo, Japan), 2009-2011, Technical course-coordinator
- Designing policies to adapt to a world of uncertainty: Adaptive policymaking for agriculture and water resources’. (IDRC-International Development Research Centre, Canada)
(August 19-21, 2010)
- Upadhyay, H & Mohan, D. 2017. Migrating to adapt? Exploring the climate change, migration and adaptation nexus, In Rajan., S I & Bhagat, R B (eds). Climate Change, Vulnerability and Migration, India: Routledge. pp. 43-59. Available at:Link
- Kelman,I., Upadhyay, H., Simonelli, A C., Arnall, A., Mohan, D., Lingaraj, G J., Nair, S & Webersik, C. 2017. Here and now: perceptions of Indian Ocean islanders on the climate change and migration nexus, Geografiska Annaler: Series B, Human Geography. doi:10.1080/04353684.2017.1353888 . Available at: Link
- Mohan, D., Prabhakar, S.V.R.K., Upadhyay, H., 2017 (accepted). Identifying adaptation effectiveness indicators using participatory approaches: A case study from the Gangetic Basin, Climate and Development .Taylor and Francis.
- Upadhyay, H., Kelman, I., Mohan, D. 2015. ‘Everyone likes it here’: Perceptions of climate change, migration and place belongingness in Lakshadweep, Forced Migration Review , Special issue on Disasters and displacement in a changing climate’, Issue 49, pp.66-67. Available at: http://www.fmreview.org/en/climatechange-disasters.pdf
- Upadhyay, H., Kelman, I., Lingaraj, G J., Mishra, A.2014, Conceptualizing and Contextualising Research and Policy for Links between Climate Change and Migration, International Journal of Climate Strategies and Management (forthcoming)
- Stojanov, R., Shen, S., Kelman, I., Duzi, B., Upadhyay, H., Lingaraj., G J., Mishra,A., Vikhrov, D. 2013. Typologies of Environmentally Induced Migrants. Disaster Prevention and Management, Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 508 – 523. Online. Avilable at: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1108/DPM-09-2013-0152
- Upadhyay, H., 2015. Disaster Risk Resilience, In: Chakabarti, P G D.ed. India Global Sustianbility Development Report 2015: Climate Change and Sustainable Development—Assessing Progress of Regions and Countries, Oxford University Press:New Delhi, India
- Upadhyay, H and Mohan, D. 2014. Migrating to adapt? Contesting Dominant Narratives of Migration and Climate Change. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), India. Online, Avilable at: http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0023/002311/231122E.pdf
- Mohan, D & Upadhyay, H., 2013, Adaptation Effectiveness Indicators for Agriculture in the Gangetic basin. Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES): Hayama, Japan. Online. Available at: http://pub.iges.or.jp/modules/envirolib/upload/4550/attach/IGES_Indicators_from_Gangetic_Basin_Report_for_print.pdf
- Atteridge, A. Shrivastava, M K., Pahuja, N.,Upadhyay, H. 2011, Climate policy in India:What shapes international, national and state policy? Ambio, 41(1), pp.68-77, Springer
- Mishra, A., Upadhyay, H., Lingaraj G J. 2011. Climate change and agri-livelihoods in Orissa: an index-based approach to vulnerability assessment. In: B, Mohanty, ed.2011. Economic Development, In India: Issues and Challenges, New Century Publications: New Delhi, India
- Mishra A., Pandey, N., Upadhyay, H., Gupta, P. & Kumar, A. 2011.Sub-national actions on climate change in India and implications for international collaboration.Discussion Paper, prepared for Conference of Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, 28 November–9 December 2011, Durban, South Africa
- Upadhyay, H & Lingaraj G J. 2010. Climate Change, in The Energy and Data Directory and Yearbook (TEDDY). TERI Press: New Delhi
- Upadhyay, H.,2010. Domestic Climate Policy in India: From Agenda to Action, TERI Press: New Delhi, Policy brief
- Upadhyay, H., 2010. For Greener Pastures. Pioneer, 3rd December 2010.
- Upadhyay H., Pahuja N., 2010, Low carbon employment potential in India: a climate of opportunities, Discussion paper: TERI/GCN-2010:1, TERI, New Delhi
- Shrivastava, M.K. & H. Upadhayay. 2009. Climate Change and Technology: Perceptions from India. Discussion paper- TERI/GCN-2009:1. TERI, New Delhi
- Macro level vulnerability Index for the state of Uttarakhand (India), 2015. In: Tracking Environment Sustainability in Uttarakhand, Submitted to Department of Revenue Uttarakhand, Supported by UNDP.
- GIZ, 2014. Policy Framework in India to Address Climate Change and Development of Methodology for Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment, In: A Framework for Climate Change Vulnerability Assessments, Available at: http://www.ccarai.org/files/va_guide_ccarai_final_lowres.pdf
- Livelihoods, migration and conflict in Maharashtra. 2014. In: Maharashtra State Action Plan on Climate Change, Submitted to the Department of Environment, Government of Maharashtra (India).
- Macro-level Vulnerability Assessment for the State of Maharashtra, 2014. In: Maharashtra State Action Plan on Climate Change, Submitted to the Department of Environment, Government of Maharashtra (India).
- Buldhana District Adaptation Plan of Action, 2014, Submitted to the Department of Environment, Government of Maharashtra (India).
- TERI. 2011. Designing Adaptation to Climate Change Responses for inclusion in IFAD‘s Project in Jharkhand, India, New Delhi: International Fund for Agricultural Development.
- State Water Mission: Rajasthan State Action Plan on Climate Change, 2012. Submitted to Rajasthan Pollution Control Board, Government of Rajasthan (India).
- Impacts and Vulnerability to climate change in Gujarat, 2012. In: Gujarat State Action Plan on Climate Change, 2012. Submitted to Government of Gujarat (India).
- Rajasthan Climate Change Agenda, 2011. Submitted to Government of Rajasthan (India).