Tag der offenen Tür
Every year in April the Institute of Sociology invites prospective students to visit. In addition to a presentation of the Master's program, the teaching staff, and cooperating research facilities, prospective students are kindly invited to ask individual questions to present students and faculty members.
Date: April 26, 2019
Location: Ihnestr. 21, Lecture Hall (Hörsaal) A
11.00-14.00 Additional option before the actual program starts: individual admission criteria counselling by Tim Sawert (email@example.com) & Daniel Drewski, Garystr. 55, room 321/22
- In case you are not sure whether you fulfil the admission criteria, you can seek our advice. Indispensably, please bring your Transcript of Records and/or language certificates with you (Please note: This will be a preliminary assessment. The final decisions can only be made by the selection committee).
13.30-14.00 Ihnestr. 21, lobby in front of Lecture Hall (Hörsaal) A
14.00-14.30 Ihnestr. 21, Lecture Hall (Hörsaal) A
- Welcome remarks by the faculty, introduction to Freie Universität Berlin and Institute of Sociology
- Presentation of cooperating research facilities DIW and WZB
14.30-15.30 Ihnestr. 21, Lecture Hall (Hörsaal) A
- Masters’ program 'Sociology - European Societies': structure, content, career prospects, application, and admission
- Q&A session 1: Plenary session
- Q&A Session 2: Opportunity to talk to teaching staff individually or in small groups
15.30-17.00 s.t. Ihnestr. 21, Lecture Hall (Hörsaal) A
- Introduction to the modules of the Masters’ program by current students in small groups including Q&A
17.00 onwards, venue Lecture Hall (Hörsaal) A
- Informal program organized by current students of the Masters’ program
Please consider the following:
The open house event is not part of the admission process and serves solely informative and advisory purposes. Participating in the event does not give you any additional credit for the admission requirements. However, it should help you to get to know the Master program and to prepare for the application. The Institute of Sociology does not provide accommodation nor arranges one. If you come from outside of Berlin you need to find a place to stay by yourself. A list of Berlin's hotels and hostels can be found here.
The open house event is about the Master Program "Sociology - European Societies" exclusively. If you wish to study a different program or if you just want to generally inform yourself about the possibilities to study at the FU Berlin, this event will be of no use to you. Please consider the respective websites of the FU Berlin for relevant information instead.
The open house program is held in English. Participation is free of charge. Since the number of participants is limited, previous registration is required.
Confirmations will be sent out on April 22, 2019.