Library Usage Information (last updated April 4, 2023)
The most important information at a glance:
- We are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m and Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Please continue to act considerately and practice social distancing when possible. We recommend wearing an FFP2 mask indoors. Please take advantage of the facilities available for cleaning and disinfecting workplaces and wash your hands frequently.
- All workstations at Garystraße 55 allow users to take part in digital courses (end device required, headset recommended).
- We ask for your understanding with regard to fluctuations in room temperature due to the requirement to ventilate regularly. Jackets and coats are therefore permitted until further notice, as are drinks in cups with screw-on lids. Please stow bags in the lockers as usual; carrying baskets are available.
Please also note the following:
- Overdue fees will once again be charged for media that are not returned in time. The automatic renewal of loan periods is now only available for Freie Universität’s internal users. External users are kindly asked to extend their loan period in their PRIMO user account.
- We no longer accept cash. To pay overdue fees, please use the University Library’s automated pay station or the bank transfer option.
- Please take advantage of our numerous digitization services!
- If you are interested in improving your research skills or taking part in a guided tour, please contact email@example.com. Our extensive range of courses and learning opportunities can also be found here.
Freie Universität maintains a website on information regarding the Covid-19 pandemic. Here you can find additional information.