Prof. Dr. Radha Hegde (Professorship Summer Term 2019)
Dahlem International Network Professorin für Gender Studies
Institute for Media and Communication Studies
Department of Political and Social Sciences
Summer Term 2019
- 28628 Narrating Migration (B.A.- Seminar)
- 28861 Gender and Globalization (M.A.-Seminar)
- 2017: Hegde, R. & Sahoo, A. (eds) Handbook of Indian Diaspora. London: Routledge.
- 2016: Hegde, R. Mediating Migration. Cambridge: Polity Press.
- 2011: Hegde, R. Ed. Circuits of Visibility: Gender and Transnational Media Cultures. New York: NYU Press.
- 2017a: Hegde, R. “Introduction.” In Hegde, R. & Sahoo, A. (eds) Routledge Handbook of the Indian diaspora. New York: Routledge (1-14).
- 2017b: Hegde, R. “Renewing Bonds: The diaspora as national brand.” In Hegde, R. & Sahoo, A. (eds) Routledge Handbook of the Indian diaspora. New York: Routledge (269-281).
- 2016: Hegde, R. (2016). “Globalization: It’s everywhere; It’s nowhere.” A conversation with Radha Hegde. Interview conducted by Schwartz-DuPre, R, April 2015. In Goss, B., Gould, M. & Pedro Carañana (eds) Talking Back to Globalization. Peter Lang (21-35).
- 2014a: Hegde, R. “Gender, media and trans/national spaces.” In Routledge Companion to Media and Gender. Ed. by C. Carter, L. Steiner, and L. McLaughlin. New York: Routledge (92-102).
- 2012: Hegde, R. “Gender, globalization and the politics of visibility. In Media, the Public Sphere and Gender in Motion: Research perspectives on gender, media studies). Ed. by T. Maier, M. Thiele, & C. Linke. Belefeld, Germany: Transcript (17-24).
- 2011a: Hegde, R. Introduction. In Circuits of Visibility: Gender and Transnational Media Cultures. Ed. by R. Hegde. New York: NYU Press (1-17).
- 2011b: Hegde, R. “Spaces of Exception: Violence, technology and the transgressive gendered body in the Indian call center industry.” In Circuits of Visibility: Gender and Transnational Media Cultures. Ed. by R. Hegde. New York: NYU Press (178-195).
- 2010: Hegde, R. “Eyeing Publics: Veiling and the performance of civic visibility.” In Public Modalities. Ed. by D. Brouwer & R. Asen. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama press (154-172).
- 2008: Hegde, R. “Transnational Feminist media studies.” In The International Encyclopedia of Communication Volume IV. Ed. by W. Donsbach. Malden, MA: Blackwell (1794-1799).
WORK IN PRESS
- 2019: Hegde, R. “Scripting Indianness: Remediating narratives of diasporic affiliation and authenticity.” In Retis, J. & Tsagarousianou, R. (eds) The Handbook of Diasporas, Media, and Culture. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (225-238).
- 2019: Hegde, R. “Dangerous Precarity: Sexual Politics, Migrant Bodies and the Limits of Participation. In T. Thomas, M. Kruse & M. Stehling (eds) Media and Participation in post-migrant societies. Rowman & Littlefield International.
- 2019: Hegde, R. “Mediation and Migration.” In M. Georgiou, S. Witteborn, R. Gajjala, K. Leurs (eds) Sage Handbook of Media and Migration. Sage.
WORK IN PROGRESS
- Hegde, R. (book prospectus in progress) “Communicating Aspirations: The Cultural Politics of English in India.” Support from Fulbright-Nehru Professional Excellence Award (2014-2015). Additional archival work completed at the British Library, London supported by Steinhardt Professional Development Fund.