Ana Makhashvili M.A.
Institute for Media and Communication Studies
CRC Project "Affective Societies"
Room JK 33/231
During winter term 2020/21:
Appointment by arrangement via e-mail
- Since October 2019 research associate in the project "Journalism and the Order of Emotions" of the CRC "Affective Societies", Freie Universität Berlin
- 2016 – 2019 Media and Political Communication M.A., Freie Universität Berlin
Master Thesis Title: „Narratives of International Crisis in 280 Characters. A content analysis of Russian and British diplomatic Twitter accounts following the Novichok attack in Salisbury, UK in March 2018". Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Juliana Raupp.
- 2013 – 2016 Communication Studies and Sociology B.A., Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich
- 2012 - 2016 DAAD-scholarship for graduates of German schools abroad
Summer term 2020
- Emotionen im Journalismus (with Dr. Débora Medeiros)
- Since 2019/10: CRC Project "Affective Societies: Journalism and the Order of Emotions", Freie Universität Berlin
- Affect and Emotion
- Far-right Publics on Social Media
- Media and Migration
- Crisis Communication
- Medeiros, D., & Makhashvili, A. (2022). United in Grief? Emotional Communities around the Far-Right Terror Attack in Hanau on TV and Twitter. Media and Communication, Cogitatio, 10(3), 39-49. https://doi.org/10.17645/mac.v10i3.5438
- Medeiros, D., Makhashvili, A. and Lünenborg, M. (2022). Negotiating Journalism's Boundaries within the Networked Affective Publics Around the Far-Right Terror Attak in Hanau. ICA 2022: One World, One Network? 26-30 May 2022, Paris.
- Makhashvili, A. (2022). Hijacking Solidarity: The Networked and Affective Dynamics of Far-Right Publics on Twitter. Media and Publics Conference. 29 April 2022, Roskilde University.
Makhashvili, A. and Lünenborg, M. (2021). Affective Publics on Twitter: Contesting Journalism’s Authority. ICA 2021: Engaging the Essential Work of Care: Communication, Connectedness, and Social Justice. 27-31 May 2021, online.
Makhashvili, A. and Lünenborg, M. (2021). #Chemnitz and its Polarized Affective Publics. DACH21: #Kommunikation #(R)Evolution. Zum Wandel der Kommunikation in der digitalen Gesellschaft. 7-9 April 2021, online.
- Jointly with Medeiros, Débora: The affective economy of anxiety or how the German far right capitalizes on Covid-19. In: SFB Affective Societies Blog, September 2020.
- Algorithmic media and the becoming ir/rational of affect. A book review. In: SFB Affective Societies Blog, October 2021.