Ana Makhashvili M.A.
Institute for Media and Communication Studies
CRC Project "Affective Societies"
Room JK 33/231
During Summer Semester 2020:
Appointment by arrangement via e-mail
- Since October 2019 research associate in the project "Journalism and the Order of Emotions" of the CRC "Affective Societies", Freie Universität Berlin
- 2016 – 2019 Media and Political Communication M.A., Freie Universität Berlin
Master Thesis Title: „Narratives of International Crisis in 280 Characters. A content analysis of Russian and British diplomatic Twitter accounts following the Novichok attack in Salisbury, UK in March 2018". Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Juliana Raupp.
- 2013 – 2016 Communication Studies and Sociology B.A., Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich
- 2012 - 2016 DAAD-scholarship for graduates of German schools abroad
Summer term 2020
- Emotionen im Journalismus (with Dr. Débora Medeiros)
- Since 2019/10: CRC Project "Affective Societies: Journalism and the Order of Emotions", Freie Universität Berlin
- Affect and Emotion
- Far-right Publics on Social Media
- Media and Migration
- Crisis Communication
Jointly with Medeiros, Débora: The affective economy of anxiety or how the German far right capitalizes on Covid-19. In: SFB Affective Societies Blog, September 2020.