Job vacany: Full time employment at the SCRIPTS - Cluster of Excellence
News from Jul 15, 2021
The SCRIPTS - Cluster of Excellence at the Freie Universitaet Berlin is searching for new employees. You can find the full job description below or directly on the SCRIPTS-Website: https://www.scripts-berlin.eu/about-us/jobs-grants/Employee-_Administration_-_m_f_d_-Full-time-employment-limited-until-31_12_2025-Pay-group-9a-TV-L-FU-Code_-SCRIPTS_BIRT_E9_2021.html
Employee (Administration) (m/f/d) Full-time employment. Limited until 31.12.2025 Pay group 9a TV-L FU Code: SCRIPTS_BIRT_E9_2021
We are recruiting a project administrator for the Berlin International College of Research and Graduate Training (BIRT) , which is part of the Cluster of Excellence "Contestations of the Liberal Script" (SCRIPTS).
News from Jul 06, 2021
SCRIPTS examines contemporary struggles over the model of liberal democracy and market economy from historical, global, and comparative perspectives. It combines the expertise available in Berlin in the social sciences and regional studies, and cooperates with research institutions in all regions of the world and practical institutions from politics, culture and society. The Cluster of Excellence also cooperates with international partner institutions around the world and has a broad international network, as well as comprehensive doctoral/doctoral and postdoctoral support within the framework of the Berlin International College of Research and Graduate Training (BIRT). The cluster's diverse research projects span the various partner institutions and thematic areas that the cluster researches, offering the opportunity to gain insight into the work of a large research network.
- Supervision of recruitment and fellowship processes.
- Selection and supervision of PhD students, postdocs and international (visiting) researchers (including organizing the selection of applicants in cooperation with the coordinator and the professors involved, preparing transcripts and references, advising and integrating researchers in their respective institutions)
- Financial management (e.g. processing of scholarship payments, preparation of applications for and settlement of business travel expenses, budget control, preparation of reports on the use of funds)
- Course planning (e.g. organization of courses in cooperation with the coordinator and the involved lecturers, documentation of teaching activities by the involved lecturers, supervision of the evaluation process of the courses, cooperation with university administrative levels).
- Completed training in an administrative profession or comparable knowledge and experience.
- At least one year of relevant professional experience.
- Successfully completed (bachelor's) degree in the field of administrative sciences, social sciences or regional studies
- very good knowledge of university administrative structures
- very good knowledge of English
- strong communication skills
- ability to work in a team
- ability to produce good work results even under time pressure
- intercultural competence
For further information, please contact Dr. Isabel Winnwa (firstname.lastname@example.org / 030 838 57052).
Applications should be sent electronically by e-mail to Prof. Dr. Thomas Risse, quoting the identifier in PDF format (preferably as one document): email@example.com.
Due to the occasion and for the time of the emergency presence of the Freie Universität Berlin, we kindly ask you to apply electronically by e-mail.
The processing of a postal application cannot be guaranteed.
Free University of Berlin
Department of Political and Social Sciences
Otto Suhr Institute for Political Science
Cluster of Excellence "Contestations of the Liberal Script" (SCRIPTS)
Prof. Dr. Thomas Risse
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
By submitting an online application, you as an applicant give your consent to your data being electronically processed and stored.
We would like to point out that Freie Universität Berlin cannot guarantee the security of transmitted personal data if your application is sent electronically without protection.