Springe direkt zu Inhalt

What would I have to do if I wished to receive the academic grade Ph.D.?

This degree can only be conferred if you have completed the programme of one of the Graduate Schools of the Freie Universität Berlin. If you have been accepted as doctoral student in a Graduate School and would like to receive the academic degree Ph.D. (instead of the German grade Dr. phil. or Dr. rer. pol.), please tick the respective boxes in the application forms for the admission to and opening of the doctoral procedure. 

Proof of having successfully completed the Graduate School has to be submitted to the Early Career Support on the day of your defense latest. Your doctoral certificate will be issued as soon as possible after the defense and if you have not delivered proof of having completed the programme of your Graduate School by then the certificat will bear the German doctoral degree.