Job Opening: Student Assistant (m/f/d) 41 hours per month limited to 2 years
Application deadline: November 22nd, 2022
News from Nov 02, 2022
We are seeking 1 student assistant for the research unit “Social Structure Analysis and Survey- Methodology” of Prof. Dr. Stefan Liebig in the Institute of Sociology at the Freie Universität Berlin.
Reference code for the position: S-IfS-SOZSTRUKTUR-SHK-2022. Application deadline is November 22nd, 2022.
Supporting the research unit’s research and teaching agenda in the area of “Social inequalities, their perception and evaluation”:
1. Research tasks include assisting with data analysis using the German Socio-economic Panel (SOEP), the European Social Survey (ESS) and other large-scale datasets from the social sciences, literature research as well as preparation of publications and other materials for dissemination;
2. Teaching related tasks include assisting with literature searches, preparing slides, Blackboard.
- enrolled in Sociology, Political Science, Economics, or related disciplines;
- good academic achievements;
- excellent computer skills and knowledge of Office-Applications;
- knowledge and experience in survey-based social research
- knowledge and experience in STATA and/or R esp. panel- and multi-level analysis
- communication skills;
- highly proficient in spoken and written English (C1); good working knowledge of German (B2)
For further information, please contact Mrs. Antonia Hausen (email@example.com / 03083857651).
Applications should be sent by e-mail, together with significant documents (motivation letter; CV), indicating the reference code, in PDF format (preferably as one document) to Mr. Prof. Dr. Stefan Liebig: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal to
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Politik- und Sozialwissenschaften
Institut für Soziologie
Mr. Prof. Dr. Stefan Liebig
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
With an electronic application, you acknowledge that FU Berlin saves and processes your data. FU Berlin cannot guarantee the security of your personal data if you send your application over an unencrypted connection.