Springe direkt zu Inhalt

How do I register for classes at OSI?

To register for a class at OSI, you need to sign up on Campus Management and register for classes. The platform will then let you know whether you have been registered for the course or not. You can find a video explaining Campus Management and how to enroll in classes in German and in English here. The video was made for home students, so the information on modules is not relevant for Erasmus students, nonetheless it will help you understand the program. You will receive further information about Campus Management from the central incoming office (incoming@fu-berlin.de).

The course registration process is open for about three weeks after courses have started, meaning that you can still register or opt out of courses. That being said, it often makes sense to attend all courses you have selected during the first week, if not the second and third week as well. You or other students might not show up, change their minds on the course or the like, and further spots become available. Teachers might provide you with more information or simply their individual way of handling these processes during the first session.

You may also have noticed that Campus Management was unfortunately only designed for home students’ requirement. That poses some challenges for incoming students:

  1. You cannot register for multiple seminars in one module. Simply try to find the additional course(s) in other modules and register for them there. If that is not possible. Please attend the session in the first week, explain your issue and ask if the teacher would allow you to participate regardless and issue you a certificate (see below) at the end of the term, instead of being registered on Campus Management.
  2. You can’t sign up for courses of different departments/faculties via Campus Management. If you want to choose a course in economics, you have to contact the Erasmus office of their department/faculty (international@wiwiss.fu-berlin.de) and they will register you. If you want to take a course at any other department/faculty, you must speak to the teachers of these courses individually and ask for permission to participate, as well as for a certificate at the end of the semester, instead of a Campus Management registration. Usually, departments/faculties have their own forms. When in doubt, always contact the Erasmus offices of the different departments/faculties. Keep in mind that you are not allowed to take courses at the law faculty.
  3. If you are not registered on Campus Management, you may have to give your teacher your (Zedat) email address, so that they can add you to the e-learning system (Blackboard). That way, you will be able to access the course material.
  4. You cannot participate in courses that are labeled PS/MWA or PS/TWA.
  5. The module structure that you see on Campus management does not apply to you. At the end of your exchange you hand in a request for your transcript of records (see FAQs) by providing us with a request form, your Campus Management overview (pdf) and any certificates you might have collected, and we will issue you an Erasmus-specific Transcript of Records.

About certificates (“Scheine“): If you cannot sign up for a specific course on Campus Management, course instructors will fill in a certificate (“Schein”) at the end of the semester. This Schein must contain information on the title of the course, the course number, the type of the course, and on the kind of assignment (written exam, oral examination etc.) you have completed. If you finish a course with a certificate of achievement (“Leistungsnachweis”), this certificate will be graded, otherwise it will be marked with a “P“ for participation. The certificate (“Schein”) must be signed and stamped by the lecturer. The Erasmus office fills in the respective ECTS-points unless the course is provided by a different department/faculty and they do it. You can find a blank certificate here. If the course instructor is not an employee at the OSI, but an external lecturer, they can obtain the required stamp in the office of the coordinator of the respective field of study (e.g. political theory). It is your responsibility to provide the lecturers with prepared certificates.

Please keep in mind that the number of ECTS is not up for negotiation between you and individual lecturers.

SFB 700