Job Opening: Student assistant (tutor) (m/w/d) 41 hours per month, limited to 2 years
Application deadline: 20.03.2023
News vom 13.03.2023
We are seeking 1 tutor for our master's program "Sociology- European Societies".
Reference code for the position: SOZ-TUTOREN-QUANTI.
Application deadline is 20.03.2023.
The advertised position is assigned to the Institute of Sociology at Freie Universität Berlin and involves assisting in the preparation and implementation of courses in the master's program "Sociology - European Societies" as well as supervising student research groups and tutorials. This includes, in particular, accompanying and supporting students in the compulsory empirical research internships of the program, especially in the practice of research projects that are to be carried out independently, in the collection of own data or in the use of existing standardized research data and the necessary methodological tools and statistical analysis methods.
- enrolled in Sociology, Political Science, Economics, or related disciplines;
- good academic achievements;
- very good command of the English language (C1);
- familiar with scientific working processes;
- knowledge of quantitative survey methods (especially the construction of questionnaires);
- familiar with common research data sets used in social science (e.g. ESS, SOEP, ALLBUS,
ISSP), especially data management and common statistical analysis methods;
- very good knowledge of STATA;
- interested in working with student workgroups; intercultural competence.
For further information, please contact Mrs. Antonia Hausen (email@example.com / 030-838 57651).
Applications should be sent by e-mail, together with significant documents (motivation letter; CV) indicating the reference code, in PDF format (preferably as one document) to Prof. Dr. Stefan Liebig: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal to
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Politik- und Sozialwissenschaften
Institut für Soziologie
Mr. Prof. Dr. Stefan Liebig
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
With an electronic application, you acknowledge that FU Berlin saves and processes your data. FU Berlin cannot guarantee the security of your personal data if you send your application over an unencrypted connection.