Springe direkt zu Inhalt

Do I need to Report in Case of Illness?

In case of illness you need to send a short notice by email to the department administration PolSoz (Ms. Jargstorf): e-mail: Urlaub-AU@polsoz.fu-berlin.de.

Since the secretariat office must be informed, you should include in cc field sozkultanth@polsoz.fu-berlin.de, together with the email address of your superior professor and, given the case, the email address of the person who will take over your partial representation.

Here is a sample you can use for this notice:

"Dear Ms. Jargstorf, I would like to inform you that I am sick from ../../... (date).

Kind regards
First name Name"

After three days of absence from work, you need to present a medical certificate. You can send the certificate in advance as a scanned email attachment to the above mentioned email addresses. In any case, you must send the original of the certificate to FB PolSoz to following address:

Freie Universität Berlin
FB Politik und Sozialwissenschaften
Abteilung Krankmeldungen
Ihnestr. 21
14195 Berlin

This also applies to any follow-up certificates, health report on the day you return to work, you must send an email with the subject “health report” to the above email addresses. Sample text:

"Dear Ms. Jargstorf,

After reporting me sick on.., I resumed work on ../../... (date).

Kind regards,

First name Name"

Note: It is absolutely necessary to inform the department that you are healthy again, otherwise you will continue to be considered sick and there will be corresponding inquiries from the PolSoz department.

Berlin Southern Theory Lecture