How do I Get an Email Account as a New Employee at the FU?
After signing your employment contract it is necessary to get in touch with the central facility for data processing (Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung, Zedat) at the FU in order to set up your email account.
All employees at the FU need to have an email account to get several services at the university such as:
- access to workstations managed by the IT office PolSoz,
- access to your email account
- administrative IT systems
- use of the telephone system
- access to the institute's internal printer network
- access to the FU blackboard for courses
But not not only for authentication purposes. An account of the FU allow you to receive additional rights on some propietary systems.
After signing the contract and before starting to work, newly hired employees usually receive an email with a link that you need to set up your email account, which will be activated by the Zedat user service. If this is not the case before starting to work, please contact the ZEDAT user service with this issue (Zedat-Benutzerservice).
Further information on managing your account can be found on the Zedat introductory page for employees (Zedat-Einführungsseite für Beschäftigte).
Once you have created an email account and it has been activated by the Zedat user service, get in touch with the secretary office I (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or IT support of the Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology so that your account can be bundled with the institute resources you will need.
- Zedat user service (Zedat-Benutzerservice)
- IT support of the Institute for Social and Cultural Anthropology (until December 31st, 2022: Tom Lagodny)
- IT support of the Department of Politics and Social Sciences (IT-Support des FB Politik und Sozialwissenschaften)