Which are the Steps you Need to Undergo first as a New Employee?
On the first day at FU according with your contract, you need to report start of service by email, telephone or in person to the secretary's office:
Sekretariat I: Ivonne Gutierrez
Landoltweg 9-11, Room 011
Tel. 030 838 56505
Sekretariat II (Stéphanie Herber)
Thielallee 52, Room 005
Tel. 030 838 50038
Please inform them that you have started your service. The secretary's office will send a so-called "Dienstantrittsbescheinigung" to your responsible personnel office. This confirmation contains in CC also the notification for the superior professor, the sekr. II and the personnel department in the FB PolSoz, as well as the IT office PolSoz.
Given the case that the secretary's offices are not staffed, the notice on entering of service can also be issued and sent by the superior professor.
The next steps you need to take are:
- getting up your personal FU employee email account.
- programming the telephone set at your workplace with your personal FU employee telephone number
- obtaining your electronic key ("transponder") from the FB PolSoz key department.
These steps are all explained in detail under the other FAQ items here.
After signing your employment contract it is necessary to get in touch with the central facility for data processing (Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung, Zedat) at the FU in order to set up your email account.
All employees at the FU need to have an email account to get several services at the university such as:
- access to workstations managed by the IT office PolSoz,
- access to your email account
- administrative IT systems
- use of the telephone system
- access to the institute's internal printer network
- access to the FU blackboard for courses
But not not only for authentication purposes. An account of the FU allow you to receive additional rights on some propietary systems.
After signing the contract and before starting to work, newly hired employees usually receive an email with a link that you need to set up your email account, which will be activated by the Zedat user service. If this is not the case before starting to work, please contact the ZEDAT user service with this issue (Zedat-Benutzerservice).
Further information on managing your account can be found on the Zedat introductory page for employees (Zedat-Einführungsseite für Beschäftigte).
Once you have created an email account and it has been activated by the Zedat user service, get in touch with the secretary office I (email: email@example.com) or IT support of the Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology so that your account can be bundled with the institute resources you will need.
You can find here further information about accessing and integrating an email account. For additional advice and further assistance please contact:
- Zedat user service (Zedat-Benutzerservice)
- IT support of the Department of Politics and Social Sciences (IT-Support des FB Politik und Sozialwissenschaften)
Your services at the FU are automatically bounded to a specific telephone number.
After reporting your start of service, the Zedat portal creates a personal email account.
A telephone is usually available on the new employee's desk and only needs to be activated with the code you receive with a confirmation email. Please visit the Zedat portal under settings to see adittional information.
The personal PIN you received from the Zedat portal can also be defined under this menu item, which (as well as the Zedat account) is required for the login.
Please get in touch with our IT support at the Institute of Social and Culture Anthropology if you need further assistance.
Along with your application for employment, the key manager of FB PolSoz is informed about the specific rights granted to you for accessing the institut (Landoltweg 9-11, Thielallee 52).
After taking up your work, you have to contact the key department of FB PolSoz to get your electronic office key (transponder).
FB Politik und Sozialwissenschaften
Ihnestr. 21, 14195 Berlin
- In times of pandemic, the key department sends the transponder by postal service to the secretary's office I in Landoltweg, and you have to pick it up there after making an appointment and in exchange for a receipt.
- in non-pandemic periods you have to make an appointment with the key office in Ihnestr. 21 and pick up the transponder there in person in exchange for a receipt.
- If necessary, the locking authorizations on the transponder can be changed at any time at the request of one of the secretariats and in consultation with the supervising professors.
The transponders only close Mon-Fri during normal office hours, but not at night, on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays!
Only professors and security officers (currently Ivonne Gutierrez) receive an unlimited 24-hour locking authorization.
However, if academic or other staff members need to be at the Institute outside these hours for job-related reasons, e.g. if you are organizing block seminars, workshops or meetings on weekends, you can submit a temporary "Application for access authorization outside building opening hours" on a designated form. The request must be digitally countersigned by the applicant and management and sent as an email attachment to the PolSoz key department.
This and further forms and more information about the use of electronic keys can be found on the
Homepage of the PolSoz key department:
For further information please contact:
- Secretariat I, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FB PolSoz key, email: email@example.com